Wednesday 4 February 2015

Trip to London

Read the following text and complete the tasks

You are planning to visit your friend in LondonAnswer to the following email. Let him/her know...
How and when you will get in contact with him/her.
– He/She will have time to finish his/her work.
– You do not mind being on your own or meeting other people.
– Something you may want to do during your stay.

Extra activity: Find your way from the airport to London City Centre and return. Use the following tube map:

[...] Ahh okay. Well, I have class on Fridays and it takes about an hour on the tube, so you'd have to do that on your own, if that's okay? Sorry... But there are loads of signs towards the underground and all you'll need to do is buy an oyster card and then put about £15 on it for the 3 days. I don't know why but I had it in my head that you were going Sunday morning so I was going to get all of my work done for that week on the Sunday and Monday! (I'll have a lot haha) So did you say there are days you'll be meeting other people in London, because I could try and get it all done on those days instead? But there really is a lot and with all these plays that I have to see as well, I won't even have time to do them in the evening! So if you go out with the London people on some of the days, then I'll get it done then. But we still have fun in Soho on the Friday night – with maybe loads of people that I know – and we can go and see films, and do all sorts, and play in the park, and make more memories! I miss you so much and can't wait for you to get here but sorry about all the work I'm going to have to do... This is the map to keep in your head (there are free ones in every station so don't worry). When you arrive, if you don't know where you're going, give me a call on 07939594422, but on the first day, get the tube (the only tuve as it is an Eastbound Picadilly line) and then change at Holborn for an Eastbound Central line train and then get off at Mile End, and call me and I'll pick you up. Then, on your way back, you'll be an expert by this time, but get the Westbound Central to Holborn and then the Picadilly line to Heathrow T5. [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment